Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 1: Fly, fly away: Is this yesterday or today?

As I write this, it is 1:45 a.m. Israeli time, 6:45 p.m. yesterday in Iowa! I'm very confused. Should be trying to sleep but will use this opportunity to recap today's events.

All connections have gone so smoothly, no glitches at all. Becky and I were "shuttled" to the airport at 7:00 this morning (or was that yesterday?). As soon as we reached the check-in counter the rest of the CBC group appeared behind us. Oops, I said no glitches but Becky did have to give up some items getting through security because of too many objects in one plastic bag. Steve Wilson also had a little problem with a mispelling of his name on his flight reservation.

It was great to meet up with Pastor Duke and his "gang" from Ohio. I think we'll all get along "swimmingly". At this moment we are somewhere over the Atlantic, flying 640 mph at 33775 feet. Temperature outside my window is -57F. While people sleep around me I'm watching the flight monitor. Maybe I'll try a movie, that should put me to sleep. I'm sharing 51" of flight seats with Ken & Shirley Klopp. I'm glad we're friends and hope we remain so after 6 more hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment